CLUB MEMBERS - PLEASE CHECK OUR CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES BELOW AND SIGN UP WHERE REQUESTED.
The Vancouver Thunderbirds is a young club, but we are quickly becoming recognized at the National level. We rely upon our fundraising efforts to ensure our ability to provide excellent coaching staff, facilities and resources for all our members. As such, it is an expectation that athletes (and their parents, especially for our younger athletes) agree to be called upon for assistance at a minimum of two club functions per year and 5 hours of volunteer work.
Online membership purchases do not require a $75 deposit cheque. Instead, a $75 fee will be processed in October if volunteer hours are not completed between January-September of each year.
For paper membership applications, a volunteer deposit cheque of $75 per athlete is required to complete each membership application. The cheques are destroyed upon completion of a minimum of 5 volunteer hours between January-September of each year.
(Please note: there is a family volunteer fee maximum of $150).
UPCOMING FUNDRAISING EVENTS
LONGEST DAY 10K ROAD RACE ON THE UBC CAMPUS (JUNE)
- A variety of volunteer opportunities prior to the event and on the day of include: soliciting prize draw donors, processing registrations, assisting with food preparation and presentation, assisting at water stations, set-up, clean up, etc.
Harry Jerome International (June 26/27, 2018) at SWANGARD STADIUM in Burnaby, BC .
- A variety of volunteer positions are required in order to ensure this two day event runs as smoothly as possible. Positions include (but are not limited to): Athlete check ins, block and hurdle crews, assisting BC Athletics Officials, Camera crews, general clean up, etc. Come out and enjoy a great night of Track and Field. Bring the whole family and lend a hand for front row action of the night's events!
ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENTS
MANURE SALE (FEBRUARY/MARCH)
- Flyer Delivery takes place the last two weeks of February.
- Manure Delivery takes place in March.
- Mandatory for all athletes and parent help is also required.
HARRY JEROME INTERNATIONAL TRACK CLASSIC (JUNE)
- A variety of tasks including track and field event support, equipment set-up and take-down, event liaisons, etc.
ANNUAL BANQUET AND SILENT AUCTION (SEPTEMBER)
- Set-up, clean-up, solicitation of items for silent auction, etc.