CLUB MEMBERS - PLEASE CHECK OUR CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES BELOW AND SIGN UP WHERE REQUESTED.
The Vancouver Thunderbirds is a young club, but we are quickly becoming recognized at the National level. We rely upon our fundraising efforts to ensure our ability to provide excellent coaching staff, facilities and resources for all our members. As such, it is an expectation that athletes (and their parents, especially for our younger athletes) agree to be called upon for assistance at a minimum of two club functions per year and 5 hours of volunteer work.
Online membership purchases do not require a $75 deposit cheque. Instead, a $75 fee will be processed in October if volunteer hours are not completed between January-September of each year.
For paper membership applications, a volunteer deposit cheque of $75 per athlete is required to complete each membership application. The cheques are destroyed upon completion of a minimum of 5 volunteer hours between January-September of each year.
(Please note: there is a family volunteer fee maximum of $150).
UPCOMING FUNDRAISING EVENTS
Saturday March 3, 2018 at Jericho Works Yard Parking Lot. REQUIRED ATTENDANCE FOR ALL HIGH SCHOOL AND SENIOR ATHLETES!
To make this fundraising event a success, we rely on the help of our members.
Please mark your calendars and plan to be available for a volunteer shift on *Saturday, arc r 01. There will be NO scheduled
Thunderbirds practices this day, and it is Club Policy that each athlete attends.
JD members will be responsible for flyer deliveries. Organized delivery routes will be
provided with team flyer-distribution runs on Sunday, February 3rd and in lieu of practice on Saturday, February 9th.
*More information will be supplied by email, closer to the date.
ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENTS
MANURE SALE (FEBRUARY/MARCH)
- Flyer Delivery takes place the last two weeks of February.
- Manure Delivery takes place in March.
- Mandatory for all athletes and parent help is also required.
LONGEST DAY 10K ROAD RACE ON THE UBC CAMPUS (JUNE)
- A variety of volunteer opportunities prior to the event and on the day of include: soliciting prize draw donors, processing registrations, assisting with food preparation and presentation, assisting at water stations, set-up, clean up, etc.
HARRY JEROME INTERNATIONAL TRACK CLASSIC (JUNE)
- A variety of tasks including track and field event support, equipment set-up and take-down, event liaisons, etc.
ANNUAL BANQUET AND SILENT AUCTION (SEPTEMBER)
- Set-up, clean-up, solicitation of items for silent auction, etc.