In an effort to encourage track and field participation, the Longest Day Kid's Road Mile, and our Thunderbird Track and Field Summer Camps all current JD athletes are encouraged to bring a friend to practice between April 30th-May 4th, 2018. Within this week, athletes have three practice options open to invite their +1 to at no cost. We are proud of what our club represents, our trained and dedicated coaching staff, and the work ethic of our athletes. As such, we look forward to using this hands on approach; encouraging others to develop a sense of personal-achievement through the sport of track and field.
In addition to our usual Thunderbird coaches, UBC Varsity athletes as well as BC Endurance Club Members will volunteer as guest-coaches during each practice, and help out with the surplus of anticipated athletes. 2018 Volunteer coaches include 2X Olympian and Current Canadian Record Holder in the women's Javelin, Liz Gleadle and current 1/2 Marathon Canadian Record Holder, Rachel Cliff!
BRING A FRIEND TO PRACTICE WEEK FOR JD WEST (UBC)
- Monday April 30th UBC 5:30-7pm * Guest Coach: Canadian 1/2 Marathon Record Holder & 2017 World Championship 10,000m runner, Rachel Cliff.
- Wednesday May 2nd UBC 5:30-7pm
- Thursday May 3rd UBC 5:30-7pm * Guest Coach: 2X Canadian Olympian and National Record Holder, Liz Gleadle
BRING A FRIEND TO PRACTICE WEEK FOR JD
EAST (SWANGARD/HASTINGS PARK)
- Tuesday May 1 Swangard 6-7:30pm * Guest Coach: 2X Canadian Olympian and National Record Holder, Liz Gleadle
- Wednesday May 2 Swangard 6-7:30pm
- Friday May 4th Hastings Track 6-7:30pm
NOTE: ALL CURRENT CLUB ATHLETES WHO BRING A FRIEND TO PRACTICE WILL RECEIVE A FREE THUNDERBIRDS TRACK AND FIELD T-SHIRT!