CLUB MEMBERS - PLEASE CHECK OUR CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES BELOW AND SIGN UP WHERE REQUESTED.
The Vancouver Thunderbirds is a young club, but we are quickly becoming recognized at the National level. We rely upon our fundraising efforts to ensure our ability to provide excellent coaching staff, facilities and resources for all our members. As such, it is an expectation that athletes (and their parents, especially for our younger athletes) agree to be called upon for assistance at a minimum of two club functions per year and 5 hours of volunteer work.
Online membership purchases do not require a $75 deposit cheque. Instead, a $75 fee will be processed in October if volunteer hours are not completed between January-September of each year.
For paper membership applications, a volunteer deposit cheque of $75 per athlete is required to complete each membership application. The cheques are destroyed upon completion of a minimum of 5 volunteer hours between January-September of each year.
(Please note: there is a family volunteer fee maximum of $150).
UPCOMING FUNDRAISING EVENTS
MANURE SALE - FLYER DELIVERY: REQUIRED ATTENDANCE FOR ALL JD MEMBERS!
Saturdays, February 6th and 13st, 2016. Meet at 10am at St. George’s Senior School. Flyer delivery is in lieu of the usual Saturday practice. If you are not able to attend, please notify your coach. Arrive at St. George's to pick up your flyers for delivery and proceed to your zone. Each zone takes between 2-3 hours to complete and families are cncouraged to work together.
MANURE SALE - MANURE DELIVERY: REQUIRED ATTENDANCE FOR ALL HIGH SCHOOL AND SENIOR ATHLETES!
Saturday, March 5th and 6th, 2016 from 7:45am at the Jericho Service Yard. Assist with loading vans and delivering bags of manure. You will be assigned to a group and delivery zones.
ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENTS
MANURE SALE (FEBRUARY/MARCH)
- Flyer Delivery takes place the last two weeks of February.
- Manure Delivery takes place in March.
- Mandatory for all athletes and parent help is also required.
LONGEST DAY 10K ROAD RACE ON THE UBC CAMPUS (JUNE)
- A variety of volunteer opportunities prior to the event and on the day of include: soliciting prize draw donors, processing registrations, assisting with food preparation and presentation, assisting at water stations, set-up, clean up, etc.
HARRY JEROME INTERNATIONAL TRACK CLASSIC (JUNE)
- A variety of tasks including track and field event support, equipment set-up and take-down, event liaisons, etc.
ANNUAL BANQUET AND SILENT AUCTION (SEPTEMBER)
- Set-up, clean-up, solicitation of items for silent auction, etc.