The BlueShore Financial Longest Day Road Race is a member of
& Featuring the
Welcome to the BlueShore Financial Longest Day Road Race
Date: Friday, June 19th, 2015
Start Time: SUBWAY® Commit to Fit Kid's Mile 6:30PM, 5K at 6:45PM, 10K at 7:05PM
Location: Thunderbird Stadium, Stadium Road, UBC Campus, Vancouver, BC
Charity Partner: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Please help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes by donating to the JDRF by raising funds through your participation in the Longest Day. Donors of $20 or more are entered into a draw for a $200 dinner at LeCrocodile. For each donation of $50 you are entered into a draw for a trip to Tofino c/o Orca Airways and Long Beach Lodge
Hit the JDRF logo to donate or register to fundraise
We are pleased to announce that our event has been chosen to host the BC Athletics 5K Championships
For information on the BC 5K Championships click here
You can contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone : (604) 266 8879
Registration Options Prior To Race Day
Registration in the 5K and 10K is limited to the first 1500 participants - Registration may close early!
Please note that race shirts must be ordered by the Early Bird Deadline, May 19th. Additional shirts may be available for purchase at package pick-up June17th and 18th and on race day.
Registration online until midnight Wed. June 16th. (Discounted Early Bird registration closes at midnight on Tuesday, May 19th)
Register by mail by printing off and mailing in a race brochure (also available at running stores and community centers).
Register in person at any Running Room store until end of business on Tuesday, June 16th
Registration in person at the Running Room, 2112 West 4th Ave. Tel 604 225 0222, on Wednesday, June 17th and Thursday, June 18th
Day of Race Registration
Day of Race registration will only be permitted if we do not reach our limit of 1500 entries by race day. We strongly urge you to register early to avoid dissapointment and the higher day of race fees.
Registration at the concourse at UBC Thunderbird Stadium on Friday, June 19th wiil be from:
- 5 to 6:00 p.m. for the SUBWAY® Commit to Fit Kid's Mile and 5K - Note there is no timing or placing for the SUBWAY® Commit to Fit Kid's Mile
- 5 to 6:30 p.m. for the 10k
IF YOU REGISTER AFTER THOSE TIMES, WE WILL NOT GUARANTEE A FINISH TIME OR PLACING.
Package Pick Up
Package Pickup is available on:
Thursday, June 18th from 4:00pm to 8:00pm at the Running Room, 2112 West 4th Ave. Tel 604 225 0222
On Race Day from 5:00pm on the concourse at the UBC Thunderbird Stadium.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHIPS ARE ATTACHED TO THE NUMBERS - NO NUMBER, NO CHIP, NO TIME!
The SUBWAY® Commit to Fit KID'S MILE
The SUBWAY® Commit to Fit KID'S MILE runs along the first mile of the adult course. All finishers receive a goodie bag, access to the play area and their own post race party. The Kid's Mile starts at 6:30pm.
Be sure to bring some cash to the Kid's Post Run Party as there will be a train to ride, with donations going to the JDRF. All donations made for train rides will be matched by:
All Participants are eligible to win one of the over 90 draw prizes available. Click here for the list of draw prizes. You must be present to receive these prizes. In order to allow us to pre-draw prizes so that they can be presented in a timely manner only entries received by midnight Wednesday, June 16th will be eligible for draw prizes.
Donate to the JDRF and Win
Anyone who donates $20 or more to the JDRF is entered into the draw for a $200 meal at Le Crocodile. Every $50 donated counts as an entry for the return flights for two courtesy of Orca Airways and two nights at the Long Beach Lodge Resort, dinner, and surf lessons/rentals or marine adventure. You do not need to be present to be awarded JDRF donation prizes. Donate HERE
Parking is available in the FPInnovations parking lot on the west side of East Mall, just north of the stadium. Alternate, pay parking, is available on the East side of East Mall and in the parking lots on Wesbrook north of Thunderbird Blvd, in the parking structure at the corner of Thunderbird and Wesbrook.
All races start on East Mall just south of Stadium Road and head down West 16th Ave, before turning north along SW Marine Drive. All races turn up Stadium Road. At the roundabout at West Mall, the 5K and 10K head along West Mall, while the Kid's Mile heads up Stadium Road to the finish line on the stadium concourse. The 5K and 10K turn up Stores Road and then north on Main Mall before turning down Memorial Road and crossing in front of the Main Library. The race re-joins Main Mall via Agricultural Rd heading south to Thunderbird Crescent. (Note that 10k runners make a short detour at University heading east down to East Mall before making a U-turn back up to Main Mall). Runners head through Thunderbird Crescent before turning south on East Mall. Finishers head down Stadium Road to the finish next to the concourse. The 10k runners complete two laps before heading down to the finish. See Course and Parking Map link for route map and parking details.
The 5k race is part of the Timex BC Road Running Series, The Vancouver Sun Run Series and the Lower Mainland Racing Series.
Complimentary bag check will be provided from 5:30pm just inside the main entrance to the grandstand.
Will be available at the 2k, 4k, 7k, 9k marks and finish line.
Chip Timing will be in effect, provided by Startline Timing. Your chip is contained in your number. "No number, no chip, no time!"
Available immediately following the race and on the race web site within 24 hours.
Post Race Party
The post race party on the Stadium concourse will include music, hot dogs, hamburgers, veggie burgers, fruits, veggies, yogurt, ice cream, fruit, pies, juice & other goodies. Refreshments may also be purchased from an onsite pub. Please bring your ID.
This year’s race garment is a black technical (microfiber polyester) short sleeved tee by Zorrel with Syntrel extreme moisture transport technology. The men’s shirt is unisex and comes in sizes XS to 2XL. The women’s shirt is v-neck short sleeved and comes in sizes S to 2XL. The women’s shirt is fitted. If you are a woman and prefer a less fitted shirt order the men’s shirt one size smaller than your regular size. The front of the tech shirts will feature the design below created especially for our race.
Please note that race shirts must be ordered by the Early Bird Deadline, May 19th. Additional shirts may be available for purchase at package pick-up June 17th and 18th and on race day.
Draw Prize Donors
(a total of more than 90 prizes!)
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL! PLEASE USE THE LINKS TO SEE WHAT EACH SPONSOR OFFERS
In order to ensure that draw prizes can be awarded in a timely manner. All but the first three prizes listed below will be awarded prior to the race and can be picked up when picking up your race number on race day. Prize winners' numbers will be displayed on the Draw Prize board at Race Package Pick-up. Prizes not clained before the start of the awarding of race awards will be redraw. Winners of draw prizes (except for the JDRF Donor Prizes) must be present to receive prizes.
- JDRF Donor Tofino Grand Prize: For every $50 donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, you will receive one entry for a draw for 2 that includes 2 nights accommodation, 1 dinner, breakfast daily and surf lessons at the fabulous Long Beach Lodge Resort, and air fare provided by Orca Airways.
- JDRF Donor Prize: Any donation of $20 or more will receive an entry for a draw for a $200 gift certificate for dinner at Le Crocodile
- Cariboo Trip for Two: Includes a weekend Enterprise Car rental and a two might bed and breakfast stay at the Hills Health Ranch.
- $50 Gift certificate to Brown's Social House - Point Grey
- Lunch or brunch for two at Provence Restaurant - Point Grey
- $50 Earls' gift card and selection of music cd's from Virgin Radio
- $25 Gift Certificate to Engima restaurant
- $25 Gift Certificate to Burgoo - Point Grey
- Two sets of Four reserved seats for a Canadian's baseball game of your choice
- The Dunbar - $25 Gift Certificate
- $25 Gift Card to the MAC Shack in Kerrisdale
- Gift card for $20 to the Cheshire Cheese in Dunbar
- A champagne Balloon Ride for Two, a bottle of champagne and two glasses donated by REMAX
- White Spot Kitsilano - 70 Legendary Burger Platter certificates and 25 Appetizer certificates
- Starbucks - travel mug and Coffee or tea c/o Kerrisdale and Dunbar Starbucks
- 6 – $20 gift certificates from Changes Clothing
- SUBWAY® - 5 X $25 cards
- Workout towel, water bottle, lanyard from Muscle Milk x 6
- Gift card to Cafe Artigiano
- 1 Personal Training session with Stellar Personal Training
- 2 draw prizes of ATHLETIC ALLIANCE SPORT SUPPLEMENTS (value $200 each) from GOOD4U
- West Coast Liquor Store - Kerrisdale - Bottle of wine in animal caddie and bag
- Gibson Massage Therapy , Registered Massage Therapist - 2 X 45-minute treatments
- Secret Garden Tea Company - $100 Gift Pack
- Timex - 2 watches
Thank you also to the following for providing entertainment, draw prizes and products for the Kid's goody bags:
- Flaming Moon
- Bell E Buttons The Clown
- Provident Security
- BC Athletics Run/Jump/Throw
- Buchan's Kerrisdale Stationary
- Leclerc Foods
- Bean Brothers
- Hills of Kerrisdale
- Pediatric Dental Group
- Terra International Foods
- Nature's Way